Sunday, January 10, 2010

His Strength Is Manifested In Our Weaknesses

We can take so much for granted. We need to nurture an attitude of gratitude for our very breath. "I am the strength of the sparrow, I AM the great I Am." The seed you plant will become a tree. The Spirit of God animates and gives life. He cares for each sparrow that falls to the ground, and so much more He cares for you and me!

I was on my way to pick up Jennifer to bring her with me to a twelve step meeting. On the way, I hummed a little tune and words came to my mind. "I am the strength of the sparrow; I AM the great I AM." But no, God is stronger than a sparrow, I pondered. And within seconds on the right I read a street sign which read Sparrowbush Street!

Then I realized that my Higher Power had it right, "I am the strength of the sparrow; I AM the great I AM." Without the animating power of the Spirit of God in that little sparrow, there would be no life, no existence, no song, no flight.

So it is for us. We live, and move, and have our being because of the creative and animating Spirit of God! ><>

No comments:

Post a Comment